Welcome Notice

Edit in Style Properties -> Page Setup: "Welcome notice"

Register Log in

How to promote your own Short-Term Rental website?

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
I'm building a website for our property that I'm hoping will one day replace the need to use hosting platforms but I'm wondering if it's worth it given the volume and marketshare that companies like Airbnb own.

How will anyone find our website if the bulk of travelers use hosting platforms to connect with properties? Even if they found us, why would they want to book directly when there are more steps to go through and the company is lesser known? Obviously you've got to create and highlight your competitive advantages, but I can't help but worry that we'd end up building a website on which nobody ever books because Airbnb, BDC, VRBO, etc... simply own the mindshare of people traveling to my area.

I'd love to hear some success stories from folks who have managed to build a healthy portion of their business from direct bookings on their own website.

BobMoran

I'm in the same boat as you. I like the idea but it doesn't seem to make sense in the long run. You'll save some money since you won't be paying service fees but then you're doing lots and lots more work. Not to mention will you even be able to get people to your website and generate direct bookings?